It’s a well-known fact that fall is the ideal season to taste the tasty apples of Quebec! And trips to the orchard are a must to take advantage of the beautiful autumn days by picking a few apples.
But, sometimes, we have so much fun picking them that we realize, when we get home, that we may have seen too much when we brought back all those kilos of apples…
Luckily, they cook wonderfully! Take advantage of the weekend to cook up some popot and try our simple and fun recipe: apples dipped in chocolate!
– Three (or more!) apples of different colours and varieties
– 125 ml lemon juice
– A small canned fondue (215 g) Dark chocolate
– A small canned fondue (215 g) White chocolate
– A small canned fondue (215 g) Milk chocolate
– Toppings: crushed pistachios, chocolate-covered quinoa, dark chocolate chips, crumbled Oreo cookies, grated coconut, crushed cashews, graham crumbs, mini marshmallows, or whatever you want!
– Prepare canned chocolate (dark, white and milk) according to package directions.
– Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
– While the chocolate cans are being prepared, cut the apples into quarters and dip them in lemon juice to prevent browning.
– Insert a lollipop stick into each apple quarter.
– Dip each apple wedge halfway into the chocolate of your choice*.
– Place chocolate-soaked apple wedges on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
– Sprinkle toppings of your choice over the apple wedges.
– Let the chocolate set at room temperature.
*Save your fondue leftovers by emptying them into an airtight container that you can reheat in the microwave for next use.
The possibilities are almost endless to make this recipe! Let your imagination run wild and create delicious bites that everyone will love! 😊 To give you some ideas, here are the combinations we have tested:
– White chocolate and crushed pistachios
– Dark chocolate and chocolate coated quinoa
– Milk chocolate and dark chocolate shavings
– White chocolate and crumbled Oreo cookies
– Dark chocolate and grated coconut
– Milk chocolate and crushed cashew nuts
– White chocolate, graham crumbs, mini marshmallows and dark chocolate coulis
Before the weekend that is fast approaching, go to a Chocolato near you and get the chocolates you need to make this recipe!